A major telecommunications carrier.
The client had selected the ATG Web Commerce platform to build out a customer self-service support web application. The goal was to consolidate and retire existing self-service support systems from multiple product lines for client’s 210 million customers.
- Initially in the role of functional analyst, completed a thorough documentation of the requirements, after which role greatly expanded to include a diverse array of responsibilities including: project management, solutions architecture, development team management, quality assurance, and more.
- With no prior experience in the ATG platform, was required to learn the applications and the implementation/integration methods. Quickly became a subject matter expert for the system and was responsible for providing user training, information sessions, and team member on-boarding.
- As a liaison with the business stakeholders, provided guidance on how to best leverage the technology to meet the users’ needs. Frequently required to step outside of the traditional responsibilities of my role, including assisting business stakeholders with the formation of the system business requirements.
- Coordinated and guided integration efforts between web application and back-end systems. Produced integration requirements and specifications.
- As Product Owner, led a diverse and geographically disparate team of 10 developers – employees, third-party and off-shore. Used Agile methods to manage the multi-phased delivery. Actively managed the development team, adjusting priority and scope, to ensure product delivered on-time and within budget.
The web application as successfully launched and I was consistently recognized by the client for my effective management and the team’s accomplishments. The self-service support web application was so well-received that I and the team were additionally tasked with creating a complimentary and interactive Contact Us web application.